As the pioneer of “folding roof cars” with its elegant 401, 601 and 402 “Eclipse” models from the 1930s, Peugeot now reveals details of its latest coupé cabriolet, the 308 CC.
It’s now over seven years since Peugeot introduced its best known coupé cabriolet, the 206 CC, which then evolved in 2003 into the 307 CC and then, in 2007, into the UK’s current best selling open top car, the 207 CC. This successful concept will shortly evolve again with the introduction of the Peugeot 308 CC.
The 308 CC, with its four full-size seats, capitalises on all the inbuilt strengths of the 308 range whilst still embodying the “307 CC spirit” and Peugeot’s coupé cabriolet expertise. Above all, it promises enthusiasts of “lifestyle” motoring a unique and genuinely attractive offer.
An attractive design…
The 308 CC stands out due to its elegant and stylish design, both in its coupé and cabriolet configurations. A low sporty profile confirms the dynamic potential of the 308 CC and the prominent shape and spectacular LED rear lights create a unique signature for the car by day and by night.
The passenger compartment has an undeniable personality. Particularly striking in the “cabriolet” version, it has a different feel from the hatchback and creates the impression of a grand touring car.
The deeply sculpted and supportive front seats, with their integral head restraints, have an inbuilt air vent which diffuses warm air around the occupant’s neck. The rear seats also mirror this distinctive design and offer rear accommodation that is surprisingly generous for a cabriolet.
The 308 CC will be available with both simple and an “integral leather” interior trim. The entire passenger compartment is now also trimmed in leather, which is unusual in this segment.
- Fully automatic retractable roof that can be magically transformed in 20 seconds
- Four full size seats, with increased rear leg room
- New 2.0 litre HDi FAP Euro 5 140 bhp diesel engine
- Six-speed manual gearbox
- Wider front and rear track, larger diameter disc brakes and ESP
- Excellent structural rigidity
- Low interior noise levels
- Full complement of airbags including chest/pelvis side airbags built into the front seats and a side head airbag which is a world first, guaranteeing effective protection of all parts of the body regardless of seat position
- Active rear roll-over protection bars
The Peugeot 308 CC will see for the first time on a Peugeot coupé cabriolet the introduction of a warm air heating system built into the front seats. This “Airwave” system acts like a scarf by diffusing warm air adjustable for temperature, flow and direction around the occupant’s shoulders / neck.
Other new features will also be introduced including:
- Automatic remote-control locking of interior storage compartments (glove box and storage under the central armrest)
- A special “rear seat access” function which electrically slides forwards the front seats
- Deadlocking of doors and selective unlocking
- LED courtesy lighting in the door mirrors
The 308 CC is also a car that can be used on a daily basis due to its usable boot which includes a number of dedicated storage spaces (including one under the boot carpet designed to hold the optional wind stop). It has a capacity of 465 litres or 266 litres with the roof folded.
Finally, to make any journey as pleasant as possible, the 308 CC will benefit from a comprehensive range of Peugeot’s latest in-car-communication systems.
- A MP3 CD audio system
- A MP3 CD audio system, USB Box (iPod / MP3… connectivity) and hands-free phone kit
- A user-friendly satellite navigation system offering a MP3 CD audio system, Bluetooth functionality and satellite navigation with a retractable 7″ 16/9 colour display
- A top-of-the-range satellite navigation system with a 30 GB hard disc with Juke Box function, MP3 CD audio system, integral mobile phone, Bluetooth functionality, USB connector and a retractable, high-resolution 7″ 16/9 colour screen with a 3D display
Finally, for all music aficionados a JBL Hi-fi option will also be available with 10 speakers offering a made-to-measure sound experience.
The new Peugeot 308 CC will be the star of this year’s Paris Motor Show in September.