Renault Trafic was the third-best selling vehicle in its segment in Europe in 2009, with a market share of 13.5 per cent. With the launch of New Trafic, the line-up is now even better focused on the requirements of our target customers, tradesmen and traders. Comfort and user-friendly design are the watchwords for this new model: the dashboard has been redesigned to incorporate practical stowage spaces, while new equipment features normally associated with passenger cars make life at the wheel even more comfortable. The 2.0 litre dCi version of New Trafic offers a significant reduction in fuel consumption and is now available with a diesel particulate filter.
The new dashboard incorporates additional practical and user-friendly stowage spaces:
- An A4 document holder at the top of the centre console
- A storage slot above the glovebox (on versions without passenger airbag)
- New centrally-positioned stowage spaces
The instrument panel now incorporates a redesigned hood to improve the visibility and legibility of the information display. The warning lights have been repositioned, again to improve visibility. High tech equipment for even greater comfort at the wheel. New equipment drawing on passenger-car technology ensures class-topping cab comfort in New Trafic:
- Automatic climate control across the light commercial and passenger-carrying range
- Carminat TomTom® navigation incorporating IQ Routes™ technology (TomTom’s IQ RoutesTM technology uses real-world traffic speed patterns to calculate the quickest possible route to your destination. By refreshing the TomTom® routings database with information derived from the actual journeys of millions of other road users, the IQ RoutesTM system can compute the optimum route for that particular day and time.), the best-value integrated navigation system on the market.
- A new range of audio systems with MP3 CD playback, with a more clearly visible remote display, portable device connectivity and Bluetooth telephone connectivity with audio streaming.
- Cruise control and speed limiter with controls located on the steering wheel. The on-off button is conveniently located on the dashboard for easier activation.
New Renault Trafic: improved economy
On commercial versions of New Trafic the fuel consumption of the 2.0 dCi 115hp engine is slashed by 0.8 litres/100km and CO2 emissions drop to 195g/km (with manual transmission). The 2.0 dCi 90hp and 2.0 dCi 115hp engines are now available with a diesel particulate filter, with no associated fuel consumption penalty. The torque of the 90 horsepower unit – which is also B30 (30 percent biodiesel mix) capable – has been increased by 20Nm. The oil change interval is extended to 40,000 km or every two years – the best on the market.
More dynamic styling
A new design for the dashboard top and chromed instrument bezels on core-model versions and upwards give New Trafic a more sporting character, which is compounded by the blue Elba upholstery. A new Acier Grey exterior colour replaces the current Cerise Red.
RENAULT TRAFIC BLACK EDITION – Flagship model of the New Trafic range
Based on the Passenger Privilège version of New Renault Trafic, the limited-series Black Edition is distinguished by its smart, top of the range looks. This high-image model is aimed at VIP transport companies and operators of luxury shuttle minibuses. In addition to the specification of the Passenger Privilège equipment level, Black Edition versions feature:
- Black metallic paint
- 16-inch aluminium alloy wheels (depending on market)
- Extra-tinted windows
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- Black Edition decals on the body sides
- Grille in pale grey paint finish
- Black headlamp masks
- Specific dark charcoal velour upholstery with visible stitching