The Dodge brand is moving into top gear this summer with the launch of the all-new Journey crossover, which offers very competitive fuel economy, masses of interior space and value for money, without compromising its bold, good looks.
With 5+2 seating standard across the range, the front-wheel drive Dodge Journey will be available in the UK from August 2008 and will feature a 2.4-litre petrol engine or a 2.0-litre diesel engine. The diesel engine will be available with either a manual or dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Family-friendly features that include tilt and slide second-row seats; rear doors that open to 90-degrees for easy access when installing child seats and air-conditioning that works in all three rows will all help take Journey owners to a new level of family motoring.
Simon Elliott, Managing Director of Chrysler UK, said:
“Dodge Journey is the perfect right-sized vehicle for families that don’t want the look of a people carrier, but need the functionality and utility of an MPV. (…) Journey is unmistakably Dodge with powerful exterior styling. But it’s not just about the right look. The Dodge Journey offers a unique combination of versatility and flexibility with bags of interior space. It takes on the practicality and capability of an MPV with the overall fuel efficiency of a passenger car. (…) Families that need space for seven will love the flexible seating system, spacious storage bins and under-seat storage areas. Safety is also very important for these customers and with ESP and three-row side curtain airbags this really is the ideal family vehicle.”
The Journey will offer the same excellent value for money that Dodge customers in the UK have come to expect. Prices will start from £16,995 and this is around 10 per cent better value than key competitors when comparing similarly equipped models. The entry-level SE model will come with three-zone climate control; a tilt and telescope steering wheel; tyre pressure monitoring; power folding and heated wing mirrors; electric windows and six-disc CD with MP3 compatible sound system all as standard.
Simon Elliott added:
“The Dodge brand is really gaining traction in the UK. The Caliber and Nitro were two of our top five best sellers this March and the Journey will help make the brand even more visible to a wider audience.”
- The Dodge Journey model line-up will include the following models:
- Journey 2.4 Petrol SE Manual Five-speed Manual
- Journey 2.0 CRD SE Manual Six-speed Manual
- Journey 2.0 CRD SXT Manual Six-speed Manual
- Journey 2.0 CRD SXT Auto Six-speed Automatic
- Journey 2.0 CRD R/T Auto Six-speed Automatic
- The Dodge Journey will be available with an all-new Getrag dual-clutch automatic gearbox with the 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine on SXT and R/T models.
- The 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine offers maximum power of 103 kW (140 hp DIN @ 4000 rpm) and peak torque of 310 Nm (229 lb.-ft. @ 2500 rpm). The 2.0-litre engine achieves fuel consumption ratings of 43.5 mpg (combined) with the six-speed manual transaxle and 40.4 mpg with the six-speed dual-clutch automatic transaxle.
- The petrol 2.4-litre World Engine produces 125 kW (170 hp DIN @ 6000 rpm) and 220 Nm (174 lb.-ft. @ 4500 rpm) of torque, and achieves fuel consumption ratings of 32.1 mpg (combined).