Mazda Motor Corporation has announced the introduction of upgraded Mazda Bongo Van and Bongo Truck commercial vehicles for the Japanese market. The new models go on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships nationwide.
The Bongo Van and Bongo Truck now offer enhanced driving performance due to a new 1.8-liter four-cylinder DOHC gasoline engine that increases power and torque, and improves environmental performance and fuel economy. All two-wheel-drive (2WD) models meet Japan’s 2010 fuel economy standard (four-wheel-drive [4WD] models are not subject to the standard).
Enhanced equipment includes a large center console box that is positioned between the driver and passenger seats. Safety features have also been improved with a passenger side airbag and an electric passenger-side door mirror that are now included as standard equipment.
For improved cargo management, all the freshened Bongo Truck models have hinged side panels which are 45mm higher than on the previous versions. The single wide-low model grades now come with a longer cargo beds.
Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices for the Bongo Van range from 1,722,000 to 1,991,850 yen for the 2WD versions and from 1,964,550 to 2,229,150 yen for the 4WD models. Prices for the Bongo Truck range from 1,587,600 to 1,759,800 yen for the 2WD models and from 1,859,550 to 2,005,500 yen for the 4WD models. These prices include sales taxes and are standard nationwide.
Main features of the upgraded Bongo Van and Bongo Truck
Enhanced driving performance and fuel economy
- New 1.8-liter water-cooled four-cylinder DOHC engine with maximum power of 75kW/102PS and maximum torque of 147Nm/15.0kg-m
- Improved fuel economy. (The Bongo Van improved from 10.2km/L to 11.0km/L and the Bongo Truck improved from 10.4km/L to 11.2km/L)*1
Improved ride comfort and functionality
- A large center console box*2which can accommodate items up to the size of a tissue box is equipped in all models
- The height of the cargo bed side panels has been increased by 45mm to enhance cargo management (Bongo Truck)
- Loading capacity is increased by 50kg due to a longer cargo bed (Bongo Truck single wide-low model grade)
- A partition curtain is added as standard equipment to enhance the effectiveness of the air conditioner (Bongo Van)
- Power windows are standard equipment
- A passenger-side sun visor is standard equipment
Improved safety features
- A passenger-side airbag and electric passenger-side door mirror are standard equipment.