The Ram Truck Brand announced a new feature package designed for North American outdoor enthusiasts: Ram Outdoorsman.
Ram Outdoorsman takes all of the features most useful to hunters, fishermen, campers and boaters, and packages them into one model. Outdoorsman combines convenience, off-road capability and trailer towing hardware in one package with a name that will resonate among its intended users.
“We asked Ram Truck customers — boaters, campers, fishing enthusiasts and hunters — what features would they like to see in a truck,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “They answered ‘more capability, more room for my gear and ready to hit the trail. And make it affordable.’”
Ram Heavy Duty owner demographics illustrate a passion for the outdoors: 47 percent hunt, 57 percent fresh water fish, 33 percent salt water fish, 36 percent own power boats and 37 percent tow camping trailers. Overall, 62 percent of fullsize pickup truck owners hunt, fish or camp.
Ram Truck engineers – many of whom count hunting, fishing, boating and camping among their hobbies – brought together features that they felt would best meet the practical needs of owners who will frequently use their Ram truck for towing or long, remote trips.
Standard trailer-towing upgrades, interior and exterior convenience, lighting enhancements, all-terrain tires and underbody protection are combined with a rugged exterior appearance to highlight the new Ram Outdoorsman.
Ram Truck officials unveiled the rugged new model at the Professional Outdoor Media Association’s (POMA) fifth annual national business conference.
Ram Outdoorsman is available in 1500 (half-ton), 2500 HD (3/4-ton) and 3500 HD single rear wheel (1 ton), Regular Cab; Quad Cab, Crew Cab and Mega Cab; four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive; and short- and long-wheelbase models.
Outdoorsman will replace the TRX4 trim level in the 2011 Ram Truck lineup. It will join the other Ram trim levels, which include: ST, SLT, Big Horn / Lone Star, Sport (1500 only) Laramie and Power Wagon (2500 only).
Prices for Ram Outdoorsman models start at $28,350, including destination charge. Ram Outdoorsman models will go on sale third quarter 2010.
Ram Outdoorsman Features
- Standard Class IV receiver hitch properly equips Outdoorsman for towing campers, boats, ATVs and other trailers rated to vehicle’s max
- Available integrated trailer brake controller with driver adjustability and easy-to-see instrument panel readout
- Trailer brake controller is standard on 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duties
- Standard lighted four- and seven-pin harness plugs — a Ram exclusive — offer multi-trailer adaptability and clean, above-the-bumper covered access any time of the day or night
- Heavy-duty cooling, including a mechanical-electrical fan and transmission cooler, for larger loads
- Limited-slip differential for improved off-road and towing performance
- Available trailer-tow mirrors
- Trailer-tow mirrors are optional on 2500 and standard on 3500
- Available rear backup camera eases trailer hookups
- Standard trailer-sway control improves towing confidence (Ram 1500 only)
- Standard 17-inch wheels and “LT” tires: light-truck-rated tires handle bigger loads and offer stronger sidewalls to resist punctures when driving over sharp, rocky terrain; on/off-road tread pattern provides traction on all highway and trail surfaces (LT275/70R17C OWL on Ram 1500 models; LT265/70R17E on Ram HD models)
- Full-sized spare tire provides more security and functionality than restricted-use spare in the event of a flat
- Tow hooks for retrieving disabled or immobile vehicles, clearing trails
- Mud / slush mats protect front and rear carpets from dirt and moisture32-gallon fuel tank for extended operating range on Ram 1500 models
- 34-gallon standard on 6’4″ box and 35-gallon tank standard with 8′ box on 2500 and 3500 models
- Premium cloth front seats with a choice of buckets or a 40/20/40 split bench
- Front center seat cushion or console storage help organize gear
- Power 10-way driver seat for comfort on long trips
- Power lumbar adjust for additional long-trip comfort
- Rear 60 / 40 split folding seat for more flexibility in hauling passengers and cargo
- Remote start and security group adds alarm system and convenience of a comfortable cabin after a day in the field or on the water
- Standard front suspension skid plates on 4×4 models provide protection from off-road damage (Ram 1500 models)
- Standard transfer case skid plate on 4×4 models
- Additional lighting including: standard fog lights for improved inclement weather illumination, quad halogen headlamps provide maximum visibility in remote areas, ash tray lamp illuminates small items in center console, exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps provide visibility outside truck’s cabin, glove box lamp, rear dome lamp with on-off switch, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, underhood lamp
- Dash-mounted 115-volt auxiliary power outlet to charge batteries and electronic devices without the need for special DC car chargers
- Auto-dimming, power heated foldaway exterior mirrors with supplemental signals clear fog and ice
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with fingertip audio controls reduces driving distractions
- Overhead console with universal garage door opener, which can also be programmed to open multiple garage doors and electric gates
- Rear view auto-dim mirror
- Rear sliding windows on regular cab models
- Two-tone paint with Mineral Gray lower
- Scratch-resistant steel bumpers
- Black door handles minimize glare
- Wheel lip moldings
- Outdoorsman badge proudly announces owner’s passion
RamBox, available on the Ram 1500, is the ultimate place for outdoor enthusiasts to stow their gear; lockable and lit, RamBox frees up interior space for passengers